Favorite TV Shows?

zoldos

Administrator
Staff member
My g/f and I love Family Guy. She got ,me into it in 2006 when we first got together. I also like Grey''s Anatomy, Chicago Med, Cops, Live PD, Deadly Women (and just about anything on ID). hehe

Doug

I would much rather read than watch TV, but I'm slowly making my way through Outlander season 4 and The Orville season 2. I also like the 80s sitcom ALF.

zoldos

Administrator
Staff member
Orville is cool but I only watched half of the first season. hehe I watched Alf. :D

zoldos

Administrator
Staff member
bulletproofphoenix said:
My favorite TV shows are:
Riverdale
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Fuller House
NCIS
Supernatural
Cool. My g/f loves Supernatural. She's seen every season. Her favorite show of all time! I also like Charmed. She got me into that. :mrgreen:

zoldos

Administrator
Staff member
I can't believe I didn't mention Star Trek The Next Generation. That's my fav show ever.

zoldos said:
Cool. My g/f loves Supernatural. She's seen every season. Her favorite show of all time! I also like Charmed. She got me into that. :mrgreen:
My husband got me into liking Supernatural when we started dating years ago because it's his favorite show.

zoldos said:
Right on. Who is your favorite character? I like Cas.
Cas is also my favorite followed closely by Dean. The actor Misha Collins that potrays Cas has become one of my favorite actors and I have also been a fan of Jensen Ackles who portrays Dean since I was younger.

Doug

All things Star Trek (except the reboot). I really enjoyed TOS, TNG, VOY, DS9, ENT, and I'm watching Discovery (the new season came out on blu ray disc). I have discs of everything except DS9. I think if you put the word Star in the title I like it. Star Wars, Stargate, BattleSTAR Galactica... Oh, but not Dancing With The STARS, lol.

zoldos

Administrator
Staff member
All things Star Trek (except the reboot). I really enjoyed TOS, TNG, VOY, DS9, ENT, and I'm watching Discovery (the new season came out on blu ray disc). I have discs of everything except DS9. I think if you put the word Star in the title I like it. Star Wars, Stargate, BattleSTAR Galactica... Oh, but not Dancing With The STARS, lol.
What reboot? The movies with "young Kirk"? They were certainly entertaining. I didn't care for Enterprise, esp. after the disappointing second season premiere. hehe

Doug

What reboot? The movies with "young Kirk"? They were certainly entertaining. I didn't care for Enterprise, esp. after the disappointing second season premiere. hehe
Yes, those movies. I watched the first one and was sorely disappointed with the divergent plot-line from the Roddenberry stuff.

I think Enterprise might have been my favorite, but the space opera Deep Space 9 is right up there. Of course all of them were great. And I'm watching s2 of Discovery that finally came out on disc (I don't have the CBS app) and I'm enjoying that one too.

Got to give a shout out to the hulu show "Looking For Alaska" though, based on the awesome book by John Green. I was very impressed, usually books are so much better than the show/movie that I just read the book instead. This one actually lived up to the book.

zoldos

Administrator
Staff member
Nice. Yes I really want to check out Discovery. TNG tho remains my favorite of all time. I definitely want to get the re-mastered blu-rays!! :D

Aeowulf

Those that are done: The Last Kingdom, Game of Thrones (until season 7)

Currently: Outlander, the Witcher

I like period stuff if you can't tell.

Aeowulf

Cool. I don't care for period dramas, altho my g/f does, esp. Asian ones. :D I want to check out "Picard". :D
I actually got into a couple of Korean ones. They ended up being love stories, but they were in an ancient time period so I stuck with them. :p

Picard looks good!

Doug

I'm waiting for Picard to come out on disc. I don't want another streaming service in order to watch only one show, be it Discovery or Picard, whichever they are airing at the moment. I'll probably buy the discs anyway, so buying the streaming service would be double dipping for me.

I bought Starz online to watch Season 3 of Outlander, which is also one of my favorites, but I ended up buying the discs too and getting double dipped. (I've read all the books so far and loved them, the show is pretty good.) I didn't watch anything else on Starz so the subscription was a waste of money and I cancelled it. I don't buy many discs, just favorite shows and anything Star Trek.

My internet is rinky-dink out here in a rural area anyway, no telling what speed I might get on a particular day, between 5 and 20 Mbps. Not quite enough to stream in 4K resolution, and sometimes we fight over bandwidth with multiple people streaming Prime or Netflix at 1080 resolution (full HD). I'd rather watch in high resolution and not have the signal keep downgrading to blurry.

Ditching DirecTV and getting an Over-the-Air antenna instead, plus a couple of streaming services, has saved the household a TON of money in one year. My father was paying over $2,100 a year for the DirecTV subscription and complaining because he still had to watch ads. I used the service to watch baseball games but that was about all. Not worth the $$$$.

Top Bottom
Syndicate Forum Affiliates
Revillution - Your portal to EntertainmentOutlaw Star Nexus: Anime? Gaming? We got it!