Quit 2 Forums!

Naiwen

Administrator
Staff member
So, I've quit 2 today political and social forums. I can't stand the melodrama that comes with these 2 forum genres. I love sites on general wellness, entertainment and general chat ones. Hate the Drama Queens on there and cyber-harassment. It's my 2 cents that arguing endlessly with an online individual is pretty petty, useless and a futile thing to do, and wasting my time and energy. Been cyber-harassed there by a member and targeted. I hate also "anything goes" or the so-called "free speech" communities. There's been so much hate and melodrama between members that I really couldn't stand it anymore. I usually love a quiet and peaceful life. Members on there think they know you better than anyone else because they've been posting with you for awhile which is laughable. Do you know me personally then? I don't think so and members on there use blanket judgement and generalization and personal attacks to make their points. Very toxic indeed!

Doug

I agree with you, I live a quiet and peaceful life too. I dislike getting upset so I would not ever join a politics forum, that is for sure. I quit Facebook because it's all negative, drama, and about politics and arguments. If you can figure out how to weed that stuff out of your Facebook then great for you, I couldn't and found it to be triggering to me.

Arguing online is so pointless, John Stuart Mill explained why it was useless back in 1869!

"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it. For if it were accepted as a result of argument, the refutation of the argument might shake the solidity of the conviction; but when it rests solely on feeling, the worse it fairs in argumentative contest, the more persuaded its adherents are that their feeling must have some deeper ground, which the arguments do not reach; and while the feeling remains, it is always throwing up fresh intrenchments of argument to repair any breach made in the old."

If you can understand that, it is perfectly clear why online debating is a waste of time.

Ravenfreak

I don't blame you for leaving toxic communities Naiwen. I wouldn't want to be involved in any community where I didn't feel welcomed, let alone stress me out.

zoldos

Administrator
Staff member
I don't mind friendly, intelligent debate. But when it's a personal attack, that's the line.

I understand completely since I was cyber-harassment by drama queens and kings on the forum that I was banned form 6 months ago that are still going on about another forum and I have totally moved to make some new better friends because I realized that they were only pretending be my friends but in the long run they won't my friends at all except for my best online friend from that forum that has stuck by through all this and she is the only that matters to me now.

Last edited:

zoldos

Administrator
Staff member
I understand completely since I was cyber-harassment by drama queens and kings on the forum that I was banned form 6 months ago that are still going on about another forum and I have totally moved to make some new better friends because I realized that they were only pretending be my friends but in the long run they won't my friends at all except for my best online friend from that forum that has stuck by through all this and she is the only that matters to me now.
Yeah best just to move on and forgot about those trolls.

I was banned from one of the forums that I joined after the whole ordeal with the other because they only wanted members would going to active everyday but when I got questioned in private message if going to do that I told head admin that I would try my best but I joining other forums after what happen so the next I time tried to go on I found I was banned. I don't want to be part of forum where they want you be on everyday and post on daily basis because people have personal lives away from the forums that they are members and they can't be on all the time.

Last edited:

zoldos

Administrator
Staff member
I was banned from one of the forums that I joined after the whole ordeal with the other because they only wanted members would going to active everyday but when I got questioned in private message if going to do that I told head admin that I would try my best but I joining other forums after what happen so the next I time tried to go on I found I was banned. I don't want to be part of forum where they want you be on everyday and post on daily basis because people have personal lives away from the forums that they are members and they can't be on all the time.
What a bunch of BS. I'm sorry Winter.

Top Bottom
Syndicate Forum Affiliates
Revillution - Your portal to EntertainmentNaiwen's forum, chill and relax at the Life Inn!